From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:30:29 -0400
>Randy said: In general, the beekeepers and researchers that I speak with are only
candid with me if I promise not to use their names.

I hope you can see my point Randy. When you make claims  backed up by unknown sources
many of us take with a "grain of salt"

Despite your claims that unnamed beekeepers/ researchers  from the Rather report have changed their minds.
I have not met beekeepers or researchers which have had a change of heart.

The Dan Rather report, Vanishing of the Bees and many other news media reports
were about real beekeepers *with names*. A few most likely on BEE-L reading this post.

Would you believe those which did the above reports if you only saw Dan Rather saying from his *unnamed sources* losses
were happening. Reports with real people with names gets attention.
Congress pays attention when commercial beekeepers visit with their concerns.

The USDA-ARS and many researchers have good reason to play down hive loss.
So far all they have came up with is a long list (very long list) of possible
causes or combinations of causes.

The chemical companies have good reason to play down hive loss.

bob