From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2013 20:07:09 -0300
Randy wrote:

> if 96% of the parent

> compound and metabolites are broken down to CO2 in 72 hours, how can you
> maintain that the binding is "irreversible"?

Randy, I have just read the Suchail paper "In Vivo Distribution and
Metabolization......" (thanks Christina).  Where does it say anything about
breakdown to CO2?  You have written about this many times, although not
with the figures above.  You used to say imidacloprid was broken down to
CO2 in five hours.  I read about the pathways for excretion and half life
for the product in various tissues and the formation of various metabolites
but nothing about breakdown to CO2.

She also says: "In honeybees Nauen et al have shown that only imidacloprid
and metabolites that contain the nitroguanidine pharmacophore [which are
the most toxic ones, my comment] can displace H-imidacloprid from the
receptor binding site.

So it would seem that the author of the paper doesn't see that
metabolization of the product is incompatible with irreversible receptor
binding.

Stan