From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2013 01:08:44 -0300
On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM, randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Stan,  I'm not sure, but if you refer to the crops on which the 266,000 lbs
> of imidacloprid was applied in California in 2010, it appears that quite a
> bit would be foliar application--see
> http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/pur/pur10rep/chmrpt10.pdf

That list only seems to include foliar applications.  Or chemicals
purchased for injection or chemigation.  The seed treatments put on by the
seed companies do not seem to be included.  So, corn does not even show up
on the list for clothianidin and for imidacloprid.  Zero pounds applied in
California are documented.  Same when you look for soybeans under either
systemic.  Since that list is supposed to be a comprehensive documentation
of pesticides going into the California environment (661 pages, my computer
had trouble handling it) the fact that amounts put on seed by the seed
companies is not included is troubling.

Stan