From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:41:26 -0400
>Bob, does that “close group” include your colleagues in Canada?

Might be when the border opens?

> I keep reading about their tremendous honey crops from neonic-treated Canola, and the hundreds of thousands of hives rented for pollinating that crop. What if anything are you hearing from those guys?

The big honey crops are from the Peace River area my friends say. I do hear of canola honey crops but some packers avoid due to the fast granulation.

I really do not see much of a problem with canola but certain beekeepers say they see losses.
About all I know about canola I read on the internet? ( same as you Eugene?).

In the Mississippi Delta commercial beekeepers say they move away from soybeans.

We need bees next almond season.

I want to see another Australian import! 50 /60,000 packages and queens to fill the gap we saw this year.

Big shortage of queens it seems this year in the U.S..

Hopefully Mexican hives will not be needed. Comprenda?

bob