Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:45:31 -0400
> > >Virus is a good scapegoat.
>

> Especially since they are so demonstrably effective at killing colonies.
>
> Many of us are not convinced. With over two million hives there is no
> proof virus is a serious problems. Certainly a hypothesis.
>
> Virus kelt ma bees?
>
> I mean no offense to Jerry B. but those promoting virus as behind CCD and
> the bee kill have been for the most part dropped from funding and as posted
> some researchers are doing articles discounting the virus hypothesis.
> Correct.

Varroa does not kill on its own. It is the pathogens, specifically virus,
that do the job. To say that there is "no proof that virus is a serious
problem" is surprising since it is right in front of us every day. Virus
kills bees.In fact, it is used as a "tell" for Varroa.

Are you saying that all the crashes are CCD since that appears to be your
argument against virus. If not, then it cannot be ruled out especially
since it does kill and cause colony crashes, just like what is being
reported.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine