HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Pentney, Sandra P" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2018 17:50:57 +0000
There is some documentation on this practice on several websites, but I cannot find a first-hand reference.

https://www.afternoontoremember.com/learn/etiquette

and here:

"Pouring one's coffee into the saucer to drink, has not been socially acceptable in many other countries, since the early to mid-1800s."

http://etiquipedia.blogspot.com/search?q=drinking+tea+from+saucer

Sandra Pentney MA, RPA

Environmental Team Lead, Ecosciences

San Diego

Engineering, Design &amp; Project Management

Tel: 858-514-1083  Mob: 858-354-7257

Atkins a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group

3570 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 300 San Diego, CA 92130