HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Marcy Rockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2017 21:32:06 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

In the event that you are planning to come to the 2018 Society for American Archaeology annual meeting in Washington, DC next April (11-15), we wanted to share with you this call for abstracts for session 3067: The Climate Realities of Cultural Heritage and Archaeology.

Climate change is a major challenge of our time. This session seeks to chart the progress of cultural heritage as a movement to connect with, respond to, and share solutions for climate change. A sister session is being planned for the 2018 European Association for Archaeologists annual meeting, which will be held in Barcelona (Sept. 5-11, 2018).

Session Organizers: Marcy Rockman, Carrie Hritz, Peter Biehl

Lead contact for abstract submission: Carrie Hritz, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Deadline for abstracts is Thursday, Sept. 7, 3pm ET. Abstracts should be submitted to https://ecommerce.saa.org/SAA_AbstractSubmission_PROD/. Specific steps for presentation abstract submission are also listed below.

With our thanks.

Sincerely,

Carrie Hritz, University of Maryland, Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center

Marcy Rockman, National Park Service

Peter Biehl, SUNY, University at Buffalo

Submission steps:

 1.Click here https://ecommerce.saa.org/SAA_AbstractSubmission_PROD/ (or copy and paste the link to your browser) to access the submission portal

  2.Log in or create a new account. If you cannot remember your login information, please contact SAA at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or +1(202) 789-8200 ext. 109 Once you have logged in, verify/edit your personal contact information

  3.Read the Membership Agreement and click the "I agree" button to continue. Then, verify/edit your personal contact information. Follow instructions in the subsequent pages to complete your submission.

  4.Under the section �What do You want to Do?�, click �I want to accept an invitation to an organized session�

  5.Follow instructions in the subsequent pages to complete your submission and pay the registration fee.

Marcy Rockman, Ph.D., RPA

Climate Change Adaptation Coordinator for Cultural Resources

National Park Service

1849 C Street NW

Washington, DC 20240

tel: 202.354.2105