HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Erin Hegberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:15:27 -0600
Hello listeros,

I am hoping someone might be able to identify the artifact in the attached
photos.

It is a small octagonal-shaped threaded screw cap. The metal appears to be
possibly lead or aluminum. I am hoping someone recognizes the maker's mark.
One theory is that it is Asian. No bottle remains this size were located.

The artifact is from a homestead site in southern New Mexico. The rest of
the assemblage suggests 1920s-1940s. It was not collected and I have not
personally visited the site.

Photos of the front and back of the cap can be viewed at this link (it is a
photo album within Google+):
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109962100610853878865/albums/6075652626844086481

Many many thanks,
Erin Hegberg