HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2014 11:28:34 -0500
Interesting job possibility to share! The Texas Historical Commission has
just completed its Interpretive Master Plan for the Levi Jordan Plantation,
and they have hired an architect who is developing plans for new facilities
at the site...so they will shortly begin development of exhibits and outdoor
interpretation. To guide this process, they are now seeking a Site Manager
who will provide site leadership as they move the program forward. The
position is posted on the THC website
(http://www.thc.state.tx.us/about/job-openings). Look at the one for
"Brazoria". As they told me, they see this as a very important position, and
they want to make sure that have the most diverse and well qualified pool of
applicants possible. The job description is great. Share widely!! (and
apologies for cross-postings -- I'm gonna be shouting this to the
rooftops!).

Carol

*****************************

Carol McDavid, Ph.D.

Executive Director, Community Archaeology Research Institute, Inc.

Adjunct Assistant Professor, Rice University

Secretary, Society for Historical Archaeology

Co-editor, Journal of Community Archaeology and Heritage (
<http://www.maneypublishing.com/journals/cah>
http://www.maneypublishing.com/journals/cah)

1638 Branard

Houston, TX 77006