HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Moss, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 14:36:38 +0000
Mr. Cook,

Please note that the SHA and the ACUA have several financial support programs to help students attend the conference.

Have a look at the 2014 conference web page -- http://www.sha2014.com/support.html -- and a recent blog on the SHA web page -- http://www.sha.org/blog/index.php/2013/04/support-for-students-at-the-2014-conference/

William Moss
Conference Chair    /   47th  Conference on Historic and Underwater Archaeology
Président du Comité organisateur   /   47e Colloque sur l'archéologie historique et subaquatique
www.sha2014.com

I lament the elite nature of our discipline. As a graduate student with small children and a partner who works full time I can barely afford to attend my local grocery store, much less a conference in Canada. As much as I would love to attend an SHA conference, or any archaeological conference, and as useful as it would be

Best,
David L Cook