HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2014 17:11:49 GMT
8bit
Hi all,

On behalf of the SHA Public Education and Information Committee, I offer the following call for papers. If you are interested, contact me at [log in to unmask]:

Can Lightning Strike Twice? Thrice? Sharing Tips and Tricks for Engaging the Public
Organized by Bernard K. Means, Virtual Curation Laboratory
Are you at a loss for how to interest the public in your museum or archaeological site? Do you risk losing the public’s short attention span with static outreach programs? This session features a lightning-fast (3 minute) series of presentations from a broad range of archaeologists who interact with the public in a wide variety of settings. The participants share time-honored as well as innovative techniques designed to engage the public over the short- and long-term in field and laboratory settings. Following completion of this lightning round, the participants and attendees are provided with the opportunity to question one another, as well as share information and public archaeology outreach materials.