Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:19:30 -0400
But instead we have beekeepers making flippant comments like "there is
plenty of data on corn dust and bee mortality, so there

> is nothing new in the findings." and "  my corns ache and that
> brings rain- there was pesticide so it caused it"
>
> With friends like these, who needs Bayer?

What I said was:

Even so, there is plenty of data on corn dust and bee mortality, so there
> is nothing new in the findings. It probably was dust, but with additional
> testing, it could have been conclusive. If you read some of the reports,
> they do hedge it a bit, so they understand the uncertainty.
>
> It will be interesting to see this year's problems if any, since
> supposedly the dust issue has been addressed.

What happened was there was a pesticide kill when a new pesticide was used.

So now we have better planters and better dialog between the farmer and
beekeeper, as noted in every one of the links.

There is nothing new in informing beekeepers when pesticides are to be
sprayed (which could generate another long thread by those who were not
informed), but now we need to know when the neonics are to be planted so
that we can take precautions, even with better planters!

I am not a defender of the neonics as I am an organic gardener and do not
use pesticides
.
I am a friend of good science.

I also see what the truth is in the field, and Randy has been active in
trying to get anyone to show how neonics and corn are hurting their bees
and has come up empty. That also is anecdotal evidence, but seems to be
disregarded. You cannot have it both ways.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine