From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 09:00:01 -0400
<Anecdotal evidence is evidence!>

Anecdotal evidence is evidence that something should be investigated
further, not that it should be the end all beat all.  I can agree that
there may need to be a different form of testing, but that doesn't mean
that there should be no more testing because we have anecdotal evidence.

Anecdotal evidence is what diet pill companies use to demonstrate that
their product causes you to lose weight, look at Jerry he lost 137 pound on
slimforlife diet pills.  I don't think anyone here would make major
management changes on anecdotal evidence alone.  You might give a new idea
a try on a smaller scale and see if it pans out, but that's further
testing, which is exactly what should be done.

Now beekeeper observation can and should have power and persuasiveness, but
they need to be widespread, many in number, and relatively consistent
before they are given any weight.  Isn't this what "bee informed" is trying
to do?

Jeremy
West Michigan