From:
"Jean-Claude B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 07:19:45 -0400
> If I was a farmer I would wonder just whose side Beekeepers are on.

????? Beekeepers ARE farmers.

If i was a beekeeper, i'd wonder just whose side Farmers are on.

Unfortunately i am both.

Jean-Claude
"When an activity raises threats of harm to human health or the environment, precautionary measures should be taken even if some cause and effect relationships are not fully established scientifically. In this context the proponent of an activity, rather than the public, should bear the burden of proof. The process of applying the precautionary principle must be open, informed and democratic and must include potentially affected parties. It must also involve an examination of the full range of alternatives, including no action." Wingspread Statement on the Precautionary Principle, Jan. 1998