HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Barbara Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 2015 00:05:11 +0000
Dear Sigrid,

The interdisciplinary Chinese Railroad Workers in North America Project (http://web.stanford.edu/group/chineserailroad/cgi-bin/wordpress/)
includes an Archaeology Network that facilitates communication on this topic. Although the focus is on Chinese workers, many involved researchers are also studying other railroad-related contexts. Some resources that might be of interest:

--a list-serve that archaeology network members can post announcements and queries to, and receive project updates. We currently have 90+ members, if you want I can forward your post to the list. Anyone interested in joining please email me off-list and I'll add you to the group.

--A bibliography of archaeology studies related to the topic.
http://web.stanford.edu/group/chineserailroad/cgi-bin/wordpress/researchmaterials/archaeology/

--a thematic issue of Historical Archaeology. Through the generosity of the SHA, sample articles are available for free download for a limited time:
http://web.stanford.edu/group/chineserailroad/cgi-bin/wordpress/historical-archaeology-journal-issue/

Warmly,
--Barb

Barbara L. Voss, Associate Professor