HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2014 10:45:12 -0400
Laura.  I noted on the website for the Anthropology Dept. at Oregon  State
University that you can purchase a copy for $15.  Do you know if that  is no
longer available?

from: http://oregonstate.edu/cla/anthropology/red-light-ladies

Red Light Ladies: Settlement Patterns and Material Culture on  the Mining
Frontier

Red Light Ladies: Settlement Patterns and Material Culture on the Mining
Frontier, by Alexy Simmons.
1989. ($15.00)
Presents a perspective on prostitution in North America within the context
of  the western mining frontier. A biographical profile of the frontier
prostitutor  is presented along with an archaeological model of settlement
patterns and  material culture. Settlement patterns and demographic changes in
the prostitutor  population are hypothetically correlated with economic
changes. A model of the  dynamic interaction of the prostitutor and
techno-economic setting is tested and  refined with historical data derived from mining
towns.
Mike Polk
Sagebrush Consultants
Ogden, Utah

In a message dated 4/30/2014 7:01:23 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,