HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Boyer, Jeffrey, DCA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 06:08:42 +0000
Will, you should check out the work of Rick Morris, especially his thesis, "What the Horse Left Behind: The Archaeological Study of Horseshoes" (University of Nevada, Reno, 1988). Rick worked with OCA on a huge project in western NM and Arizona (I forget the name but folks at OCA will know; ask Pat Hogan) and wrote some for the historical archaeology volume. I suspect that OCA has a copy of Rick's thesis and the big project report. Perhaps that will get you started. Please keep us all informed of your progress.

Jeff

Jeffrey L. Boyer, RPA
Supervisory Archaeologist/Project Director
Office of Archaeological Studies, Museum of New Mexico

  *   The Center for New Mexico Archaeology
  *   PO Box 2087
  *   Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504
  *   tel: 505.476.4426
  *   e-mail: [log in to unmask]

"There comes a time in every rightly-constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure."  -- Mark Twain, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer