Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 07:09:28 -0600
Chris I melt the wax in a big lard kettle heated with a propane torch.  I do
not have a lot of control over the temperature.  The wax is melted in a
stainless steel bowl floating on water that is just barely boiling.  I use
black plastic frames that I sit out in the sun to get good and warm.  This
lets me spread the wax evenly.  I try to get all of the embossed portion of
the frame evenly coated.  The frame looks wet, but there is no wax puddled
up in the cells.  In my experience applying more wax does not help with the
bees drawing the comb.  When cool the frame has a whitish look and a waxy
feel.  I use a 4" foam roller to apply the wax.
Dave