HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Karlis Karklins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:21:00 -0400
​Greetings all!

I am currently involved in a project where I am trying to determine the
place of manufacture of specific bead and button types using laser ablation
analysis.

A. Globular to oblate black glass ball buttons with iron shanks from
17th-18th century archaeological contexts in North America or Europe.

B. Large and very large round, oval (pigeon egg), ridged tube, pentagonal
faceted, donut, and annular beads from 17th-19th C contexts.

If you have any of these buttons or beads and would be willing to loan a
sample for the study, please contact me off line. The specimens need not be
complete and will not be damaged. They will be returned by year's end.

If you know of someone or an organization that has specimens that they
might loan, please send me contact details.

Karlis

Karlis Karklins
Editor
Society of Bead Researchers