Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:11:15 -0800
>>>  I can think of plenty of  beekeeping practices that are of detriment to the bees, yet commonly practiced.     RANDY

I would like to see the list, if not here, then offline.  Sounds like some good topics for discussion.  For example, what do you think of supercedure taking place the last two weeks in December and the first week in January?  Checking in the last week of January she was laying.  Remains to be seen how good a queen she will be.  And, she was a newly mated queen.  I spotted her in the hive when she was a virgin at the end of the first week in January.  At the time I thought what a dinky queen, but had no other choice but to go with her.  Spotted her again at the last inspection in January and she looked to be a very nice, robust queen, in January.  Go figure.

Mike in LA
Located in Alabama 1/2 way between Montgomery and Mobile