HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2013 13:31:27 -0800
7bit
From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
March 4, 2013

Hi Hannah,

At my manufactured site, I don't let "my" kids take stuff they have dug up
home.
The way I explain it is that archaeological items remain at the lab for
further study.

However, I do have a project for them in repair.  Each kid brings an item
their parent signs a waiver that the child can have to be broken.  IF the
item doesn't pass my critical choices (one child brought a lovely antique
porcelain cup, for instance) I refuse it.

Since some kids forget or don't bring items, or I refuse to break them, I
always bring extras, generally flower pots and/or tableware that I get for
free from family/friends, or cheap from junk stores.

I put all that stuff inside a pillowcase and hammer em.
Dump them out.
Kids wear gloves & sort out their item.
They then try to repair them using Elmers glue (its nontoxic).

THOSE items they can take home.

Have fun; sounds like a great opportunity!
S. Walter