Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:07:25 -0400
7bit
From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Hello All,

The video defines the problem in my opinion. Forget CCD & the neonics for a minute and lets concentrate on the most stand out
problem of commercial beekeepers.

Rapid loss of bees from hives (in many cases) gone through in the last two weeks.

The above was reported by Lance Sundberg & Dave Hackenberg in 2006. (Said to be CCD.)

I sat down with  both these beekeepers and heard their stories.

I hope all those on the list which keep bees can see how unusual the above is.

As the video said hypothesis of what is happening are numerous.

Veteran beekeepers checking hives for almonds do as they have for decades and check

certain factors and ship the best. Why truck a hive which will not grade. Makes no sense.

In the south we transfer the hives on to washed or new pallets before shipping.

I could go on about what I believe is happening but enough has been said.

Think about what would cause the bees  to disappear in huge numbers so fast.

The deadouts I have checked do not show varroa scat or PMS larva. I do not see varroa as a *big* factor.

bob