From:
Ghislain De Roeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 06:42:13 +0100
Indeed, Randy, I saw it later on, I apologize. I must have been to upset
with your repeated suggestion of not reading the papers I come up with :-)
So, my question has no longer sense. Stays: my disagreement - from our
private mails you know that I have to say 'our' - about your critics of the
paper of Suchail. As you now know that I read it, can you come up with
further details.
And by the way, Randy, did you read this paper from Tennekes, as you a
biologist:
http://www.toxicology.nl/attachments/Tennekes_2010_Toxicology.pdf

Extract:

The essence of the Druckrey–Küpfmüller equation dtn = constant(where d =
dailydoseand t = exposure
time-to-effect, with n > 1)for chemical carcinogens is that the total dose
required to produce the same
effect decreases with decreasing exposure levels,even though the exposure
times required to  pro-
duce the same effect increase with decreasing exposure levels. Druckrey and
Küpfmüller inferred that
if both receptor binding and the effect are irreversible,exposure time would
reinforce the effect.The
Druckrey–Küpfmüller equation explains why toxicity may occur after prolonged
exposure to very low
toxicant levels.Recently,similar dose–response characteristics have been
established for the toxicity
of the neonicotinoid insecticides imidacloprid and thiacloprid to
arthropods.This observation is highly
relevant for environmental risk assessment.Traditional approaches that
consider toxic effects at fixed
exposure times are unable to allow extrapolation from measured end points to
effects that may occur at
other times of exposure. Time-to-effect approaches that provide information
on the doses and exposure
times needed to produce toxic effects on tested organisms are required for
prediction of toxic effects for
any combination of concentration and time in the environment.

Kind regards,

Ghislain De Roeck,
Belgium.