Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2012 10:18:40 -0600
> In my opinion BEE-L is the only place on the net saying the above.

People also say the *opposite* here on BEE-L.

Unlike some other 'net venues, BEE-L is a free forum where opposing
opinions are welcome and all opinions are challenged routinely without
favour.  No point of view is censored here, edited or allowed to
dominate unfairly.  All coherent points of view are heard.  Reasonable
and polite confrontation is permitted, even encouraged.

There is *no BEE-L consensus*, and if someone says there is, you should
strongly doubt that person's objectivity. We slaughter sacred cows quite
casually.

As Pete has said, most of us change our opinions as new data comes in,
but do try to base our opinions on careful weighing of the best data we
come across.

> Even the word nicotine is a dirty word around me. When I visit the
> family burial plot I see many members which their deaths were *linked* (
> not provable some say!) to nicotine.

AFAIK, the cancers associated with smoking are more related to the
combustion products than the nicotine.  Nicotine is one of those poisons
which is metabolized completely and eliminated with no discernible
residual effects -- if the dose is too small to kill or maim.