Alasdair Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2011 09:56:52 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (3 lines)
Dear All,I am looking for a new Current Research Coordinator for Alaska to replace Doreen Cooper, who has asked to step down for the position.Duties include collating current research stories up to four times a year for forwarding on to the SHA Newsletter editor (ie, me) for publication in the Newsletter - though with the understanding that as Alaska probably has the lowest population of any of the Newsletter current research regions, and archaeological fieldwork is subject to significant seasonal obstacles, there will likely not be news year-round from this region.  Current Research Coordinators also sit on the society's Newsletter and Website advisory committee.The new coordinator need not be currently based in Alaska, but a familiarity with Alaskan historical archaeology and ongoing links with the Alaskan archaeology community would be a significant advantage.Frankly, I know next to nothing about Alaskan historical archaeology, and have almost no contacts in the state - so
  feel free to forward this to anyone who might be interested!Please send expressions of interest to my work e-mail address, not to the home e-mail address I'm sending this e-mail from:[log in to unmask] will happily accept expressions of interest from graduate students.With thanks,Alasdair BrooksSHA Newsletter Editor

ATOM RSS1 RSS2