ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stephen Uzzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:08:22 -0400

I think the difference is that FabLabs are explicitly for manufacturing as opposed to just experimentation. I imagine its a spectrum rather than a distinction, but the potential for FabLabs to be self-supporting rather than being supported by admissions charges or grant funding for strictly educational purposes is a model that might distinguish one from another.

Stephen Miles Uzzo, PhD.
VP, Science & Technology
New York Hall of Science
47-01 111th Street
Flushing Meadows Corona Park, NY 11368 USA
V +1.718.595.9177
F +1.718.699.5227

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This message is intended solely for the addressee(s) in the first instance
and may contain confidential information.  Please do not forward this email
without the consent of the sender.