ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Beth Demke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:22:13 -0500

We have a spinning water exhibit that would be easy to replicate for a family event. Find a clear skinny container that can hold water. (The container on our exhibit has the following measurements: 12" high x 12" wide x 2" wide.) Fill approximately 1/3 full of water colored with a bit of food coloring. Center container on a lazy susan and spin. The spinning motion will create a parabola, demonstrating centripetal force.

Beth Demke
Executive Director
Gateway to Science
1810 Schafer Street, Suite 1
Bismarck, ND 58501-1218
701.258.1975 (office)
701.220.8356 (cell)
http://gatewaytoscience.org
"Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used"
Carl Sagan (1934-1996), American astronomer, exobiologist and science communicator