Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2012 11:22:09 -0700
> 1.  Bees can have a severe case of Nosema but not have dysentery.
> 2.  Bees can have a severe case of Nosema and have dysentery.
> 3.  Bees can have a severe case of dysentery but not a case of Nosema.
> If all the above are true, then dysentery would be more a result of inability to fly and void plus food stores that have a high ash content.  True or not so true?

All the above are true, but nothing is ever quite that simple.

Although bad food, dampness, weak and old populations and other factors can lead to dysentery, I understand that amoebae and other organisms can be implicated in dysentery.

A nosema infection may add with other factors to exacerbate the ill-health and poor digestion of a bee.