Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2012 00:01:09 -0500
Hi Everyone, I've been lurking on Bee-L for a little while now and I wanted to sound out a bit of advice from everyone.

I'm a hobbyist beekeeper.  My Aunt and Uncle have a dozen hives that I maintain here in Ottawa, Canada and I've just gotten them ready for winter.  This is the second winter I prep the bees for and I think I've got a good understanding of it.  The two hives from last winter survived and thrived this year.

My question relates to the recent Beekeeping Economics thread that is currently active.  I love beekeeping and I would enjoy turning my interest and passion in beekeeping into a full time pursuit.  Is this possible?  I don't want to be wealthy or anything like that.  My wish is to pursue my interests and sustain my current low-level lifestyle.

Is this really possible?  I am likely moving to either the Seattle-Tacoma area or SanFran/SanJose in the next year or two.  Is my dream a possibilty?

Thank you for your consideration and continue to be interesting and informative.  I have learned a lot from Bee-L.

Cheers,

Pierre