ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Martin Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:52:24 -0400

Interesting discussion but I wonder how these distinctions affect what we do
and how we do it?  Some of this is determined by what we perceive our
audience wants, our training and which "group" we want to be associated with
eg certification by eg ASTC, or AAM or . . .? I suspect visitors are
affected by name as "museum" may have positive or negative connotations
based upon experience. I wonder if anyone has polled the public about what
"museum", "science center"  etc means to them. Surely somebody must have as
most thiks under the Sun have been probed.

Martin

--
Martin Weiss, PhD
mweiss at nyscience.org