HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:41:28 -0400
1) The single most important ethical concern for archaeologist to today in CRM is, what kind of firm do you work for, one who strives for compliance and profit at any cost or one who strives for knowledge and understanding at a fair price.  Too many firms are more concerned with cranking out formulaic reports for the almighty dollar, where 90% of the report is written before they enter the field.  There do not seem to be serious research question beyond the standard... we will attempt to date the site, determine what they ate and make an attempt to find out who lived there.  We need more science not just compliance! We need to look at the big picture, not operate with blinders on at individual sites!

2) I obviously work in CRM and have done so for over 25 years.  I enjoy the pace and the variety of sites which present themselves.

Bill Liebeknecht, MA, RPA
Principal Investigator
Hunter Research, Inc.
Trenton, New Jersey