HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Karlis Karklins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:50:59 -0400
Hello everyone,
It is with a very heavy heart that I must pass on the news that my dear old
friend, Rick Sprague, passed away on Monday, 20 August, at the age of 79.
As most of you know, Rick was active in historical archaeology during his
long and distinguished career and also a vital participant in the Society
for Historical Archaeology. He was a mentor to many who have since gone on
to work in archaeology and material culture research. I am thankful that I
can count myself among these individuals. I owe much to Rick and cherish
his friendship which spans four decades. We had many a good time together
and I will very much miss not being able to have a beer and a good laugh
with him once again. Maybe in the next world.
For those of you who can make it, an informal celebration of Rick's life
will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, 24 August, at the Unitarian Church in
Moscow, Idaho. A potluck reception will immediately follow services
downstairs at the Unitarian Church and everyone is welcome.

For a full obituary and to make on-line condolences please see:
http://shortsfuneralchapel.com/archives/1087

In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to:

The Roderick Sprague Endowment,Department of Sociology & Anthropology, c/o
University of Idaho Foundation, Inc., PO Box 443147 Moscow, ID 83844-3147 *
www.uidaho.edu/class/socanthro* <http://www.uidaho.edu/class/socanthro>,

or

The Roderick & Linda F. Sprague Research Library, c/o Fort Walla Walla
Museum, 755 Myra Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362-8035, *
www.fortwallawallamuseum.org/* <http://www.fortwallawallamuseum.org/>.

Karlis