HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2013 22:03:01 +0000
From:
"Pentney, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
I am sending out a data request to all archaeologists who have ever been given a set of mitigation measures that just didn't make sense, were irrelevant, and/or were clearly written by someone who had no idea what archaeology was all about. I have seen some pretty bad examples myself and would like to know what other people have come up against. Please send me examples of specific projects and if you happen to have a copy of the mitigation measures I would appreciate that as well. Too often EAs, EIS' and the state or local equivalents are prepared with little or no input from a qualified archaeologist and I am curious enough to assess what impact this is having on the archaeological record.
Thank you!

Sandra Pentney, MA, RPA
Ecology and Environment, Inc.
401 West A Street, Suite 775, San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: 619-696-0578 Ext: 4903|   Fax: 619-696-0578
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>   |   www.ene.com<http://www.ene.com>

Celebrating 40 Years of Green Solutions