Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:36:33 -0300
From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Furthermore, there may be synergestic effects, as suggested by:
>
> > Even insects species that will not be directly affected by elevated CO2
> may be affected by changes in other insect species. Such changes will be
> substantial for predators and parasites, and addressing this issue in
> long-term, multi-trophic research is necessary.

This is an ecological effect not a synergestic effect.  The title of this
thread is a synergestic effect (and one that is becoming a problem even in
product formulations -- a lot of labels are now a combination of a
neonicotinoid and a pyrethroid or a neonicotinoid and an organophosphate or
a fungicide).  So if you want to poke humour at this very real problem you
should probably look for studies of the effect of CO2 and *** on,  or
studies showing that CO2 increase affects the disease stressors of bees.

But, it is possible that increases in level of CO2 are causing problems
with your abilities to search, or with the ability of the researchers to
conduct the experiments, so I suggest they should probably be double blind.
Stan