HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Veit, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2014 13:54:53 +0000
Dear Colleagues:

This year’s meeting of the Council for Northeast Historical Archaeology, will take place from  November 7-9th at the Ocean Place Hotel and Resort in Long Branch, New Jersey. The conference theme, in keeping with the 350th anniversary of New Jersey, is Innovation, Diversity, and Liberty.

There are will be over 90 individual paper presentations.  Workshops on early American glass and blacksmithing for archaeologists are being offered as are tours to Monmouth Battlefield State Park, Joseph Bonaparte's Point Breeze, Timbuctoo, and Raritan Landing.  The Raritan Landing tour is linked with a virtual reconstructions in archaeology workshops.  Allaire State Park, a 19th-century iron making community, which is hosting our blacksmithing workshop will also be open.

Our conference hotel is the Ocean Place Resort.  You can use the Ocean Place Hotel Group Rate Link to ensure the group rate pricing of $129, the resort fee is waived with the group rate. For a direct line to the hotel, for attendees who would rather call, 732-571-5764.  Be sure to mention CNEHA.

Our reception will be held in beautiful Rechnitz Hall on the campus of Monmouth University.  Robert Hunter, Editor of Ceramics in America will be our banquet speaker on Saturday night, and is presenting a talk titled, “Why Ceramics.”  There will also be a student paper competition and our usual raffle of archaeology themed items at our Sunday business meeting.  Come join us at the Jersey shore for CNEHA 2014.

Here is a link to the preliminary program:

http://www.cneha.org/conference/2014PreliminaryProgram.pdf

For information, please contact the Conference Co-Chairs, Richard Veit ([log in to unmask]) or Edward Morin ([log in to unmask]).