HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Veit, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:46:08 +0000
I think that having a Southeastern Conference on Historic Sites Archaeology is a great way to honor Stanley South--who began a lot of this stuff with the Council on Historic Sites Archaeology.  It would also help build interest in historical archaeology and provide a venue for folks who can't afford to make the long trek to an expensive national conference. In the Northeast CNEHA fulfills all these roles and is a wonderful organization.   Moreover, the conference would provide a great excuse for folks who aren't based in the Southeast to visit Charleston.  It sounds like a win-win to me.

Rich Veit

Richard Veit, Ph.D., RPA
Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Associate Professor of Anthropology
Department of History and Anthropology
Monmouth University
West Long Branch, NJ 07764-1898