ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Liza Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2013 21:10:43 -0400

Regarding Alan's comment on Mr Rothstein:

<<<Still I've noticed that long texts in any exhibit is an excellent
predictor of how favorably Mr. Rothstein will review it.  The exhibition
he liked best at NYSCI was our oldest one, with the most text.  We do
indeed have our work cut out for us.>>>

In my experience Mr. Rothstein does not read the text in the context of
visiting the actual exhibit. Rather he asks for a print out of all the text
so he can read it later at his leisure. When I commented that the text and
the exhibits were meant to be experienced at the same time, he dismissed my
concerns by saying he had "a good imagination."

--

*Liza Reich Rawson*
*Senior Exhibition Developer & Project Manager