HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kurt Knoerl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 06:54:34 -0700
Folks,

We are proud to announce The Vietnam Maritime Archaeology Project Center.

Unlike our other exhibits, project journals, and “in the field” pages that
feature one specific project, a “Project Center” acts as a clearing house
of sorts and hosts information on numerous sites and includes articles,
photos, interactive images, maps, links, reports, and references
surrounding a main topic.

Dr. Mark Staniforth and a team of researchers, who have been working in
Vietnam for the past few years, created the project center to increase
awareness at local, provincial, national and international levels about
the extent and nature of Vietnam’s underwater and maritime cultural
heritage. The site will present material about a range of maritime
archaeology projects as well as maritime and underwater cultural heritage
investigations that are being conducted in Vietnam today.

Please visit the Vietnam Maritime Archaeology Project Center and explore
Vietnam’s fascinating maritime history including 10th century battles
against Kublai Khan, traditional boat building, shipwrecks, NAS training
efforts and more.

You can explore the site here:  http://www.themua.org/vietnam

Best regards,

T. Kurt Knoerl Ph.D.