Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:29:02 -0600
 > Allen, how about kicking off a discussion by explaining the basic details
 > of how you managed hives in spring for commercial honey production in
 > Canada.  The List can then discuss the minutiae.

I've done this on my website under Spring management and real-time
in my diary pages written back when I was doing the spring work.

Some was for honey production, some for comb production, and some
for migration 150 miles to pollination of seed canola.

What makes that format interesting is that readers can see me make decisions
in real time and see my thinking, then see the the consequences.  Sometimes
it is six months later, as in my mass-splitting operation with purchased
cells
which went off less well than planned and then ended up with serious winter
loss later.

http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/pastpages.htm
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/topics.htm

I am happy to discuss anything of interest on this list or in the forum
at the site.