HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 06:02:07 -0400
Smoke,

Stemmed (with tar-like adhesive), cut-brass projectile points were recovered from excavations of the Fry site (33Lu165), an Odawa cabin and animal compound dating 1814 to circa 1832. Sources below:

Stothers, David M. and Timothy J. Abel
1989 A Tabulation and Analysis of Stolen Antiquities from the Historic Ottawa Cabin at the Fry Site. Ohio Archaeologist, 39(1):26-37. Columbus, Ohio.

Stothers, David M. and Patrick M. Tucker
2006   The Fry Site: Archaeological and Ethnohistorical Perspectives on the Maumee River Ottawa of Northwest Ohio. The University of Toledo, Laboratory of Archaeology, Occasional Monographs No. 2, Toledo, Ohio.

Also iron projectile points were recovered from the War of 1812 Williams Fort in Illinois. Source below:

http://warof1812archaeology.blogspot.com/

Regards,

Pat Tucker, RPA
p.s., the Fry site artifacts were not stolen. They were temporarily lost in the archaeological collections' storage room in 1989, and refound in 2012.