HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:43:32 -0400
Tim,

About a year and a half ago we made the switch to using 1/4 inch woven stainless
steel.  It costs us about $50.00 a screen but we have not had to replace one yet
and they have more than paid for themselves over again.  Think about how much
time and money you have spent in the past on the old galvanized screen?  We
bought our on the Internet from a NASCAR supply/parts site but there are other
I'm sure.  They have sheets of it which we fasten to our screens with half-inch
wide 1/4 inch thick strips of wood (we were considering cutting strips of PVC
now available at Home Depot in sheets) stapled and screwed onto the bottom of
the screens.  Sometimes it starts to belly from crew leaning in on the screens,
but all you have to do is unscrew it and reattach it...that simple.  We also use
it for 1/8" screening.

Bill Liebeknecht, MA, RPA
Hunter Research, Inc.
Trenton, NJ