HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2013 07:32:05 -0500
 Mark,

In Trenton, New Jersey, USA we have also used pottery patents very
successfully on waster dumps dating to the first half of the 20th century to
help sort out manufacturers and better understand the changing technology.
Trenton had many potteries (and many patents) and several of them dumped
waster materials along the Delaware River creating thick long bands of
broken ceramics.  The U.S. Patent Office is difficult to search but Google
Patents is easy to use. www.google.com/patents

I hope this helps,

Bill Liebeknecht, MA, RPA
Hunter Research, Inc.