Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:53:19 -0400
Krisine:
<I was thinking in terms of increasing the percentage of foraging  bees on
blueberry  In the case of the kiwi article they had fed the bees  syrup
spiked with kiwi pollen and noticed an increase in the percentage of bees
foraging on kiwi flowers as opposed  to poppies which were normally the
preferred forage.>

Ribbands described this many years ago, and the Russians did a fair amount
of testing - but much was  ignored since the Russians were also cutting
tails off mice in a futile effort to get mice without tails - not quite how
evolution works.

I'm sure that the approach you described will work to some extent.   We've
managed to improve on this approach by using our automated  conditioning
devices and a proprietary syrup.

Jerry