HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"McKee, Larry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 06:03:08 -0400
For me, going to the SHA in Quebec will be a chance to present some interesting work to an interested audience, to renew my own enthusiasm in the field, and renew friendships and connections going back more than 30 years now. It's also a chance to see once again a beautiful city proud and supportive of its heritage.
In my student years and years as a young professional, the cost for attending SHA was burdensome, but I saw it as an investment. The return on that investment has been fantastic, especially in helping me get jobs. Over the years four different employers have also found it a worthwhile investment to support my conference attendance.
Best to Bill Moss and his team in their labors to put on another great conference!
Larry McKee, no where near a 1 percenter.