HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Caryn M. Berg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:38:24 -0600
Contemporary Issues in California Archaeology...

New From Left Coast Press, Inc. A 15% discount on web orders to the U.S. at
www.LCoastPress.com

Contemporary Issues in California Archaeology

Terry Jones and Jennifer E. Perry, editors

March 2012, 396 pages

Recent archaeological research on California includes a greater diversity of
models and approaches to the region's past, as older literature on the
subject struggles to stay relevant. This comprehensive volume offers an
in-depth look at the most recent theoretical and empirical developments in
the field including key controversies relevant to the Golden State: coastal
colonization, impacts of comets and drought cycles, systems of power,
Polynesian contacts, and the role of indigenous peoples in the research
process, among others. With a specific emphasis on those aspects of
California's past that resonate with the state's modern cultural identity,
the editors and contributors-all leading figures in California
archaeology-seek a new understanding of the myth and mystique of the Golden
State.

To order Contemporary Issues in California Archaeology, visit our website
at:

http://lcoastpress.com/book.php?id=387
ISBN: 978-1-61132-091-6 (c) / 978-1-61132-092-3 (p) / 978-1-61132-463-1
(eBook)

PRICE:

$94.00 (U.S./Canadian), £60.35 (Cloth)

$39.95 (U.S./Canadian), £25.65 (Paper)

$39.95 (U.S./Canadian), £25.65 (eBook)

Interested in using this title for an upcoming course? We can send you an
electronic exam copy immediately!

We make electronic exam copies available. If you're interested in reviewing
one of our books for use in a course, send an email to
[log in to unmask]  Please include your name and address, course
name, course number, approximate enrollment, semester and year taught, and
decision date.

We will email you a link to download the eBook version of Contemporary
Issues in California Archaeology and instructions for reading it in Adobe
Digital Editions on your computer or on a Sony Reader. Adobe Digital
Editions is free and works just like Acrobat, but easier for reading! The
eBook is for your personal use only and is protected against copying,
forwarding, or printing. After 90 days the file will be disabled. If you
decide to adopt the book for your course, let us know, and we'll send you a
free desk copy of the real thing.

Join Left Coast Press online at:

http://www.facebook.com/LeftCoastPress

https://twitter.com/LeftCoastPress

If you have any questions, please contact Caryn Berg at