From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:41:31 -0500
I met his right hand man recently (his name will come to me at about 3am!) who was beekeeping with Bro Adam before I was born!  Ah,,the brain's working faster this evening - must be the alcohol - Peter Donovan.

I'm not sure that reactivating the apiary is such a good idea. The Buckfast Bee has a reputation for producing a very cross cross. The last time I was at Buckfast Abbey and saw bees working the garden flowers they seemed to be a good mix of colours so I suspect that they don't have Buckfast at Buckfast.  I supped some of Brother Adam's mead a couple of years ago: it's ok, but I think mine's better!

Chris