HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2013 07:39:57 -0400
7bit
From:
Well one nice thing about a conference is that an individual  can only
take over one room not a whole topic for a group. Conrad has made his point
but many of us still enjoy personal contact  and a break.

 I have not attended for several years but for many of the same  reasons of
time and money. I did not finish my PhD because of work kids and  money
...so what its the life you choose the rationalizations and  compromises.

I got my first real job at a SHA meeting. We drove  and slept in my VW van
across several states bummed food from each other and  generally survived to
continue to work at low pay in order to follow a  profession that brings
mystery and awe to the general public  who wonder  how we are so lucky to be
archaeologists and actually get paid.

Parker