Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2012 05:17:50 -0400
From:
Karen Thurlow-Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
> BRAND 'EM.  (the hives and the frames)

I do not think branding is the answer. This nuc seller builds his own boxes
so they are unique whom ever stolen them will probably burn the boxes
because they are unique. Plus he sells nucs each spring so many would have
his branded frames in their hives. I have at least 3 different brands on
frames from other apiaries. One brand is because someone stole some hives a
few years ago out of an orchard and then swapped out 5 frames from one of
my hives. They needed brood? At least I could tell it happened because the
frames were branded. The thief was never caught.

I do brand my woodenware but since my brander is not electric I find frames
easier to label with a indelible black marker, KTK and the year go on
frames.

Karen T-K