From:
Lou Daveri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2012 12:48:24 +0930
"All that propolis we scrape off and discard is now a cash cow. Bill
Truesdell, Bath, Maine"

Our propolis stock is stored in dark cool places, and we value it highly,
which is why it is not sold. Propolis is a market lurker, and with such
extensive research at quality institutions, world-wide, many more of the
folk-lore claims about its uses are being scientifically substantiated.

The ameliorating and/or curative effects of Propolis are demonstrated on
many organ and tissue types. Of most interest to me, is its effect on skin
cancers, and some commercial skin crèmes are currently in the pipe line,
using extracts from some of the wide range of native Australian
flora-infused propolis, found in my neck of the woods. I make our own
propolis tincture, and we have it daily. I make skin crèmes.  and use them
with good effect on lips and sun spots.

Then there are non-medical uses of propolis. DH makes wood polishes from it,
and melds and shapes it into sculptures  which stay on show for a day or 2,
and get re-sculptured into something else!

Enough to say that farming & harvesting of  propolis judiciously, is like
having a small pension fund, but it's important not to milk the old cow out.

Elle Dee
35.48 S