HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:05:01 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (35 lines)
Susan,

Try this fine reference. Not sure your items were sold in sets in the sense that we are used to with sets of tablewares

Rickard, Jonathan
2006	Mocha and Related Dipped Wares, 1770-1939. University Press of New England, Hanover, New Hampshire. (The authoritative guide to the history and craft of mocha and associated dipped wares.)

Terry Majewski

-----Original Message-----
From: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Walter
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 10:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Banded / dipt / etc

June 24, 2011
Hi All,

I am hoping someone could point me toward some reference that can help me understand the SETS this ware, described below,  was sold in.  

Smeared through a large deposit I have what appears to be one banded / dipt probable pitcher maybe tankard.  

At this site, this vessel exhibits a particularly odd shade of green (plus blue, white, brown/black), and bits crossmend with bits from areas dozens of feet away.

There are 65 units.  
No piece is larger than a thumbnail.  

This green color appears in many of the units.  But again, I only seem to have one item.  There are only 2 rim frags, crossmending from different units, and maybe 1 base frag. 

I know the forms/shapes/vessel types this ware came in; I am hoping someone could point me toward some reference that can help me understand the SETS this ware was sold in.  

Thank you!

S. Walter

ATOM RSS1 RSS2